Modern Service in Customer Service
JP Saunders, Senior Director of Strategy, Oracle, provides an in-depth look into the role of modern service in CX, debunking the common myths to provide a real World view on how to avoid the pitfalls and reach the goal of sustainable business growth and profit.
1. Customer Experience is an evolution of CRM that is best measured with NPS
2. Crosschannel / Multichannel / Omnichannel are different words for the same thing
3. Embracing digital channels is an effective strategy to reduce Service costs
4. Adding a new digital channel like a Chatbot will make Service great
5. Any Contact center agent should be engaging customers across all channels
6. Creating more knowledge articles will deliver better answers
7. Doing Customer Experience well means delighting customers
8. To get a unified view of the customer you first need MDM
9. Connecting IOT (Internet of Things) devices will lead to better customer experiences
10. Customer Effort initiatives means reducing the effort for the customer
In his current capacity, JP Saunders drives the strategic consulting engagements for the Oracle CX Service Cloud solutions. As a recognized thought leader, innovator and strategist, JP has over two decades of IT experience in SaaS based Customer Service, Customer Experience and CRM application development. JP was one of the early pioneers of web self-service back in the late 90s, Social CRM in the mid 2000s, and CX in the late 2000s.
JP joined Oracle through the RightNow acquisition at the beginning of 2012 where he lead the Global Product Marketing team. Prior to that JP has lead Solution Consulting, Professional Services, Product Management and Development teams across the globe. JP successfully leverages his breadth an depth about the market, technologies, and processes to help guide businesses in how to mature their customer service and support practices to reach their customer experience goals.